Rebound - Chunk One
Please respond to each of these questions. Remember that your comments will be viewed by others, so try to use correct spelling and grammar at all times. Start your post by writing your code number.
1. Based on what you’ve read from page 1 - 64, would you be likely to select Scott as a friend? Discuss why or why not based on examples from the book.
2. Is this book, so far, a believable story in your opinion? Why or why not?
1. Based on what you’ve read from page 1 - 64, would you be likely to select Scott as a friend? Discuss why or why not based on examples from the book.
2. Is this book, so far, a believable story in your opinion? Why or why not?

16 Comments:
70957=) <--is cool
1. I would totally not choose Scott as a friend. Bad company ruins good character. I wouldnt hang out with a guy who smokes and does drugs just because of stupid reasons..You know the whole "peer pressure" thing. I think that is rubbish. Especially if I was trying to make a team. Or have a fresh start. I wouldnt do that by doing drugs or making trouble.
2. 70957<3 rox
This story is not beliveable I dont think a guy who cant move his legs and is very hurt would pick a fight and tumble out of his wheelchair on to the ground without going to the hospital or something. Also I couldnt imagine a disabled guy being so good at basketball.....unless he plays wheelchair basket ball. Which isint mentioned in the book.
06654
I don't agree with 70957 because someone in a wheelchair can still have feelings and get really, really mad at the world. They make it sound like if you're in a wheelchair you don't have normal emotions. More later.
106851...
No I would most definetly not be Scott's frined. Not because of the tongue ring, because that's not such a big deal to me. I wouldn't be frineds with someone that tried to get me to smoke. Not only can it kill you but to me they are a little young to start. I also wound't be Scott's frined because he seems like alot of trouble.
106851...
2.Yes, i do think the story is believable so far. 70957 said that they can't imagine a guy in a wheelchair being good at basketball. Well he is good at shooting not playing basketball. And in the story Sean thinks to himslef that David could have not been in a wheelchair forever. I think that is very possible. Thair characters are also pretty believable in the way that i know many poeple like them so it seems like these kind of situations could happen alot.
71853
I wouldn't like to have Scott as a friend becuase he trys to be something he's not like as he says he is doing like how some other people do it (to cool) which is a real stupid thing to do... and he seems like a bad influence, and he is always getting his friends into trouble, so i just wouldn't want him as a friend. Umm, I think his story is some what believable in my opinion, because the way this is all set up like how David is in a wheelchair, I guess it would be difficult because of the time you have to take you might npt be able to really get up the stairs, but some how he manages to get up the stairs... more later also...
I agree with 06654 because they can have feelings and just because you are in a wheelchair doesn't mean you can't do everything other people can do, it;s like me saying you can't walk because you have a broken leg, you can but it's just more difficult than not having a broken leg.
70957=)
I dont agree with 06654, . If you read the story he gets mad for no reason. I dont know if that seems normal, cause it isint. If he goes off and hurts people for not getting off a ramp, I think that would ring a bell that he has problems...very severe problems if that. I'm not saying if your in a wheelchair you automatically have emotional problems, what i'm saying is that that specific person..David, has problems and does not have normal emotions..it's obvious something messed his emotions up. How is it he soo good at basket ball? What angles to shoot at how to shoot and guard? do you think that a guy in a wheelchair would know this? I don't think so. So he obviously misses and his old life and how he used to be able to walk. Probably what does set him off is other kid's who used to be like him at those times he wishes he could walk.
06654
People do sometimes get mad for what appears to be no reason, but I think he hates being in a wheelchair so much that he's just angry about it. So he does have a reason to be angry. Something as simple as a stairway could make someone in a wheelchair really frustrated, especially if all around him, kids are just trotting up and down the stairs easily.
71103
Q#1- I would not select Scott as a friend. He smokes on school property and gets into all kind of trouble. When peers and teachers see you haging out with people like that they assume you do that kind of stuff to. In the end, it seems like Scoot started getting Sean in trouble alot last year and thats what would probably happen to you to, with that kind of bad example and influence on you.
Q#2- I think that this book is so far believable because it seems that David was not born having to be in a wheelchair and that could be when he develloped the temper and the strong punches he packs. The story was really good and highly believable until David jumped a three step staircase, that is probably impossible. He would have to be going pretty fast to go over something like that. Don't you think that he would have chosen a wheelchair accesible school to go to.
71578
1. No, because simply, he's a bad influence. For example, smoking and getting my tongue pierced aren't exactly activities I plan on doing later in my life, and I wouldn't appreciate any of my friends pressuring me into it. Not all friends are good friends.
71578
In my perspective, I see this story as completely, without any douby, believable. I may have never been in or witnessed a situation like Sean's or David's, but I find them both perfectly logical. Well, I do nknow peers who get judged unfairly because they hang out with the wrong crowd. It's a classic case of prejudice: being put into a stereotype without any means of getting back out again. That's it, folks.
71248
Based on what I've read aoubt scott he doesnt seem to be a good person to hang around. I no for a fact that if my parents saw me hanging around with someone who smokes under age(like scott does) then I would be aloud to be friends with him.
71248
This story sounds belivable because a kid in a wheelchair can have a bad temper and can be really good a basketball. People in wheelchairs can do just about anything people not in wheelchairs can.
173644
1. I would not select him as a friend because he always gets in trouble so then I would also get in trouble. Also, he smokes, so it is likely that he might try to get me to.
2. I think the story is completely believable. People do treat you strangely when you are disabled. And basketball was probably David's life before he became disabled.
794632
1)I wouldn't mind being Scott's friend because if he does bad things like smoke or skip classes I wouldn't follow him,but I would actualy help him to stop doing it. The reason of friendships is to give without expecting to get payed back.
2)I think this story is very belivebale because there is a lots of situations like this in reality, like people that are diffrent get treated diffrently and ofcours they wouldn't like it and people would actualy use them to get what they want.I find the part where he gets into the fight very belivebale because ofcours he's really mad because he's treated diffrently and he's nervouse because of the new school so when he falls for a situation where he finds someone that wont respect him he wouldn't think befor he gets all his anger out.
70853
1.No I wouldn't because he is very mean. Scott has goten david in lots of trouble last year and david thinks that he has to inmpress him.
2.In my opinion this book is very beliveble. I wouldn't be surprised if it was based on a real story. It is real because it could happen to any one, and probably has(exept for the wheel chair part).
Post a Comment
<< Home