Rebound Chunk Two
1. Describe the part of Chunk Two which made your brain engage the strongest, and tell what reading strategy your brain used. Strategies can include: Asking Questions, Making Connections, Making Predictions, Visualizing etc.
2. In real life, events and people can change a character. Is there anything that occurs in the second "chunk" of the book that changes Sean?
BONUS Add any question related to the second chunk of the novel, that you would like to ask the other group members. Do NOT ask a question just for the sake of asking a question, but if there is something you were wondering about the characters, setting, plot or theme in chunk two, you could ask.
Bonus two - Respond to any questions that are posted. Do not respond just for the sake of responding! Respond only if you have an intelligent response or answer.
2. In real life, events and people can change a character. Is there anything that occurs in the second "chunk" of the book that changes Sean?
BONUS Add any question related to the second chunk of the novel, that you would like to ask the other group members. Do NOT ask a question just for the sake of asking a question, but if there is something you were wondering about the characters, setting, plot or theme in chunk two, you could ask.
Bonus two - Respond to any questions that are posted. Do not respond just for the sake of responding! Respond only if you have an intelligent response or answer.

13 Comments:
71248
1. When they were at the rollar rink I made a stong connection with the rollar rink near my house. I remebered how bad I was a rollar blading and the loud music.
Also i was visualizing when David, Scott, Sean, and the other boy on the basketball team played before the basketball try outs.
2. I belive that when the boys get caught smoking in the bathroom(in the rollar rink) that it showed sean how he didnt want to be friends with them anymore.
71103
Q#1- The part of this chunk that made my brain engage the strongest was when David told on Scott, Nick, and Gavin. He acts really tough and I suspect that he used to be popular before he was in a wheelchair. Normally popular people do not 'rat' other people out, they just let them do what they want to do and don't get involved. Guys normally don't tell on each other anyways, that's what little girls do. This part made me ask questions like, "Why would he tell? If Scott finds out he's dead." and "Wasn't David supposed to be cool?"
106851
1.I think that my brain was really trying to visualise the dance scene. I have only eer been to one dance in my life so i know how it felt to go to the firt dance ever. i remeber noyoen was really dancing at our dance accept for a few people, people like David, not shy and confident. i thought of how the gym would be decorated, how many people were there, what it looked liek when David, Sean and the girls started dancing and how everyone reated.
106851
2.Yes i do think that in chunk two my vision of Sean changed. When he held hands with Caroline at the roller rink made my brain hesitate oh what Sean looked like not only at that moment but in general, i thought of him as more confident and not so timide.
173644
1.The part that was the most engaging for me was the basketball game against Scott. I used visualising to imagine it, and I asked questions to myself to understand the plays.
2.I think that Sean changed the way that he felt about Scott because of Scott smoking, and how much he wanted to fight with David
06654
If you were in a wheelchair, how long do you think you'd need to be in it before you started feeling as comfortable as David and doing stuff like dancing in your chair?
71578
1.
Without doubt, although many other occurences are vivid in my mind, the part which enabled me to visualise, make inferences and form questions the most dominantly would have to be when David planned to have dinner over at Sean's place. It being the first time Sean's two younger sisters meet someone who resides in a wheelchair, there was some advance tension concerning the get-together. "How will the 'Boo-boos' react?" is one one of numerous questions. Another contributing factor is Sean's outspoken father. I can picture this good-hearted but blunt patriarch asking an akward question or making an oblivious comment, which is followed up by a fierce reaction on David's part (we all know what his temper can amount to!). Any tiny slip of the tongue, or even one slight gesture taken the wrong way could turn this night into a disaster.
71578
2.
Right before the highly-dreaded dance, Sean is talked to by Mr. McCully. No good can come from this encounter, an upfront obsrever might say, but the unpredictable does happen. Sean is not in trouble, but on the complete other hand, he is thanked for helping out with David and praised for staying out of trouble as effectively as he has. It's a positive turn of events that makes a huge impact on Sean's persona. He now has the boosted confidence that comes with having a clear conscience, and a newly determined will to keep away from the once inevitable, but now easily avoidable, trouble. An example of this is when he declines the offer to step outside and have a beer with Scott and the guys. Hey, a little gratitude now and then can go a long way!
71578
Personally, if you were in a wheelchair, would you react to two older kids making fun of you the same way David did? Would you go on the counterattack as he did or simply igonore it? Please explain.
71578
In response to 06654, I soundly disagree with the question because I think the ability and confidence it takes to pull off those stunts in a wheelchair reflects on this person's characteristics before he/she was put in wheelchair.
To climb up staircases and leap down a couple of steps would, unlike dancing, take time to master and do on a regular basis.
794632
1.the part I find most engaging is when David and Sean played a game against Scott and Greg. I madea very strong visualisation of the game how David started off with a shot!I made a strong connection also thatreminded me of the time I was watching a game of two on two and it was the most intresting game I have ever seen because one of the player was mentely illed and he won!It was amazing how he didn't give up!
2.I think Sean has changed a lots because of the fact he ditched Scott Nick and Gavin and stayed with David at the roller rink and how he wouldn't go hang out with Scott,Nick and gavin at the dance and how he actualy chose to be on David's team , and notonly with his freinds but studying and more careing and responsible ! I guess he just learened a lesson from grade 7.
responding to 06654
I don't think I will be like david I think it would take me years and ages to get my confident back.
Question:What has gone to David's father ? some how i think he died because of the accident.
70957
1.The part in chun two that made my brain really think is when Nick, Gavin, and Scott were caught in the bathroom smoking. I was asking questions and visualizing too. I was thinking, why the heck are these people smoking they, I know there not very smart but thats just ridicoulus. I was also visualizing them smoking and making a fool of themselves, trying to look cool.
70853
1.My brain turs on when david starts yelling at sean for little things thinking that he is treating him different ly because he's in a wheelchair.
2.Sean figures out by hanging out with david that he is a real person, he just can't walk. But to Sean's surprise he can play basketball.
Post a Comment
<< Home