Shadow Club - Chunk Two
1. Jared is outraged when Tyson suggests that the Shadow Club is a gang. What, in your opinion, is the difference between a gang and a club? Is the Shadow Club a gang?
2. Which of the six pranks do you feel was the most serious and which do you feel was the meanest? Why.
BONUS Add any question or comment related to the second chunk of the novel, that you would like to ask the other group members... OR respond to any questions or comments that are posted.
2. Which of the six pranks do you feel was the most serious and which do you feel was the meanest? Why.
BONUS Add any question or comment related to the second chunk of the novel, that you would like to ask the other group members... OR respond to any questions or comments that are posted.

13 Comments:
In my opinion a club is when you just hang out with your frins, chat, and have a good time. Also you always have meetings and you don't bother anyone else or hurt anyone. A gang is a group of people that hang out all over the place and make fun of peole and bother them. So I think that The Shadow Club is both a gang and a club because they do bother people but their name is The Shadow Club, and they only meet in one place (Stonehenge).
In my opinion the meanest prank was the one when Randall and Cheryl took Vera's diary and posted it all over the school because that was Vera's personal information and they could have gotten caught at any time if she had noticed that her diary was gone. I think that the most serious one was when O.P. put a bunch of slime into David's trumpet right before his solo, because that would be the most embarassing and they would have to think about how all of his band friends would treat him after he slimed them and if they would be friends with him afterwords.
When Jared saw that Tyson heard about The Shadow Club, he got really angry. Then he went and "spied" on Tyson. What would you have done if you were Jared?
106946
69660
I believe that a gang is when a group of people come together do mean things to other people. A club is when people get together to hang out. I believe that Shadow club is a gang because they just want to get back at all the people who are better than them.
69660
I think the most serious prank was when Cheryl put the trantula in Austin's hood so when he went to put it on it was on his head. The meanest prank was when Karin put the green slime into David's trumpet during a game and got it all over the band member's and the band members never did anything to Shadow club
71123
I think that a gang is saying you are very mean and yougang up on people and beat them up unlike a club wich is just a bunch of people hanging out. The Shadow club fits my discription of a gang so iwould consiter them one
71123
Ipersonnaly think the prank pulled on Rebecca was the worst because the snake might have germson it and she put her thum in her mouth so somthing could happen. It was really mean because she is probably afraid of snakes.
71123
A question I have for other group members is wich of the 7 shadow club members can you most relate to and why
69660
This is a comment for 71123
I can relate to this story only for one prank. In grade 6 I had a diary I would always write in and I always brought it to school but I didn't expect anyone of my friends to read it. One day I noticed I didn't have it and I freaked out a lot so I got back to school and all the boys laughed at me except one and that's when I saw the diary and key and since then im glad I never talk to them and no they didn't post it all over school. I don't regret not talking to them at all.
69615
In my opinion, the difference in between a club and a game are the activities they do. Gangs tend to be formed of bullies, or people who want to cause harm to people or they're property. The sahdow club is not a gang because so far they have not caused harm to anyone, only pulled harmless pranks.
76058,
i think that the difference between a club and a gang is that a gang tends to be rough and more violent. A club is ussually something you join but a gang you ussually have to get in by a dare to show that you are worthy or tough. i think that the shadow club is both. It's a club because..well, that shadow CLUB and it is a gang because they are hurting poeple physically and emotionally.
76058,
I think the most serious prank was the one when they put the green slime in david berger's trumpet. First of all he could have inhaled the green slime or even swallowed and choked on it. That would have been rather serious and dangerous. The meanest prank was the prank when they stole Vera's diary because no matter what happens the school will remember that and bug her and tease her about it for a long time. Maybe even after she has left the school. It wouls ruin her social life even. The prank just wasnt fair it was permanent damage. All of the other pranks dont really matter becasue they wern't embarrassing like the snake, the deoderant, well, thats a little embarrassing and so on.
76058,
BONUS If you were one of the victims that got pranked what would you ahve done. Explain why.
69615 Q# 2
in my opinion, the most serious prank was when they posted Vera's diary across the school. I find the the most serious because it invades in her personal life, exposing her secrets. This could make her feel miserable for a long time. I also think that this is the meanest because, like i said, it leaves her partially exposed.
BONUS
ANSWER FROM BLOGGER 71123:
I think i can relate most to Jared because my best active activity is probably running.
72402
1.In my opinion I think the difference between a gang and a club is that the gangs actually have guns and try to hurt people, clubs are just a couple of people having fun and most likely have alot in common, so I also think that the Shadow cub is NOT a gang. I think that because they don't try to actually hurt the people they hate, they just do harmless pranks.
2.I feel the meanest and the most seriou prank was when the Shadow Club put a snake in Rebeccas thermos, because the snake could have hurt someone even if they said it was a harmless snake, its possible that it would hourt Rebecca or someone else.
BONUS- What member of the Shadow Club do you feel sorry for the most, being the second best and or being made fun of?
Post a Comment
<< Home