Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Stitches - Chunk Three

1. Do you agree with Mike's decision that Travis will have to get home every day after school in order to look after Kitaleen? Is this fair? Why or why not? Have you ever been in a situation where you have to give up what you want to do in order to look after or help someone else?

2. When Travis gets home after he is abused by Shon, he hides the evidence from his mom. Why do you think he does not tell her what has happened to him? What makes kids decide not to share information with their parents? Do you agree with what he did?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

141434

1)Life is not fair. Travis did have to miss out with something he likes such as, sewing. Mike did have a point that Kitaleen had to been taken care of until she has fully recovered and is ready to move under her own power. Kitaleen wouldn’t haven’t been able to do many things she usually does part of her daily schedule unless Travis helped her around the house. I have never been in a situation like Travis was, but some of my relatives have when they had to cancel many things and had to fly their dog across Canada to Vancouver, British Columbia for the removal of a brain tumor. The surgery was successful.
2) Travis doesn’t think that he is getting bullied was a big deal but he really should see that it’s a huge problem and that he really needs to tell someone what happens before its too late. If he had told someone what had happend to him before, him getting bullied would be over and now in the books. Sometimes kids don’t have a good parent relationship causing secrets which parents have no idea about getting kept inside of their kids, a theory I picked up after a episode of Dr Phil.

April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

71116
1.
I do not agree with Mikes decision that Travis has to stay home every day after school to look after Kitaleen. Some poeple call that child slavery(because he's not getting paid). I mean, Mike IS Kitaleen's husband, it's not like he dropped everything to come and look after her. It's not fair that just because Travis is younger than Mike and alot more able around the house that he has to abandon all his extra-ciricular activities. I have been in a situation like this, my mom had lost all of her work files from her computer and she was in SUCH an evil mood that I had to cancel my plans and make dinner, set the table and clean the kitchen.

2. I think that Travis dosent share the event with his mom because he dosen't want her to worry about him. He's already percieved as a pansy-boy(maybe not to his mom but to other people) Maybe he just wanted to be a little bit more of a man for this particular situation. Kids don't tell thier parents because they don't want them to make a really big deal out of it.

April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

71191:
1) I don't agree with this at all. Mike is Kitaleen's husband so he should be taking care of her. Although if Travis wasn't doing anything after school and wanted to go to Chantelle's house he should probably help Kitaleen instead. Plus that would let Mike work longer instead of coming home early(Which he probably wouldn't do anyway). But like 141434 said he's missing out on alot of things that he likes to do. It's not his fault he's living with them. This has never happened to me though. When ever I'm asked to babysit or something my brothers are asked aswell. Besides when I am asked it's usually better than what I'm doing.

May 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

70863

1. I deffenitly don't think that Mikes decision is fair. He is only thinking of himself. I think that the whole family shouold have to pitch i, even Mike. That includes cleaning, cooking, looking after, and even making Kitaleen feel better ( a job for the little kids)
I have never been in his situation, but if i was, i would tell Mike my plan , and how he has to pitch in! Just because he is bigger gives him no exuse to leave all the work to poor travis.

May 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

71008

1) I agree and disagree with Mike(and everyone else that posted a blog)... As 141434 said life's unfair, and yes, you do need to miss out on some things in life, so what? But, if a family member is sick, even if Mike didn't offer to help, i would take it upon myslef to help him/her. Kitaleen is family to Travis and when it comes to family i'd miss a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g!!

2. I think that Travis hid the evidence from his mom for one reason and one reason only; i personally notice and feel that if kids tell their parents about school situations parents just want to get involved, either by calling the school, writing a letter, or changing some rules around(like telling you, you can't hang out with a certain friend)!!

May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

74682

1. No, I do not agree with Mike's decision because I do not think its fair for a child to have to look after a grown women. A chold should not have to obtain those kinds of responsibilities. It is really unfair to Travis because it is also putting a large amount of pressure on him. Thankfully, I've never been in a situation like this.

2. I think Travis decides not to tell him Mom about what happened to him at school because he is afraid that his mom will get angry that he could'nt stick up for himself and then she will make him face thhe kids who did it in the first place. Kids decide not to tell their parents because of that exact reason, its all of their silly fears. Its really stupid.

May 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home