Rebound - Chunk Three
1. In your opinion, did David's mom do something wrong by showing Sean the room, the book and the trophies? Why or why not?
2. Thursday nights are special nights at David's house.
Imagine that you are now a parent (you're not a 13 year old parent; you're a parent at an acceptable age) and you decide to start a NEW tradition which you will be required to keep up. What special night would you create for your house? Describe it. This should NOT be something that is already done at your house. Try to be original.
2. Thursday nights are special nights at David's house.
Imagine that you are now a parent (you're not a 13 year old parent; you're a parent at an acceptable age) and you decide to start a NEW tradition which you will be required to keep up. What special night would you create for your house? Describe it. This should NOT be something that is already done at your house. Try to be original.

11 Comments:
106851...
1. I do think that David'd mom did somehitng wrong by showing Sean the old photos and trophies. I think she maybe should have told him about it if anything. I don't think it was that big of a problem, but I guess it brought back some bad memories and I guess David didn't want Sean or any of his frineds to see that.
106851...
1. If i was now an older parent, I would make a tradition on makinf Tuesday night a family night. This would mean that the whole family would ahve to spent the night together unless they had a project they had to work on with a classmate. We would eat together and then we would watch a movie, go bowling or do an activity that is fun for everyone.
70957
1. I think she did, but really didnt mean to. I think it was wrong because, although Sean is a good friend of Davids', David still has his own privacy. I think that Davids mom should have waited till David came home, and asked David if she could show Sean his room, before invading his privacy. But on the other side Sean did know alot more about David after seeing his room.
70957
2. If I was a parent every friday night I would go and take my family out to bowling and pizza. That way we could get together and have a great time, We could stay up late cause I wouldnt have to go to work te next morning.
71578
1. In my personal point-of-view, I think there was nothing wrong in David's mom showing Sean the room, the book and the trophies. This is because now that Sean is David's friend (even David said this), he has the right to know and ask about the accident which put him ito his unfortunate predicament of beng in a wheelchair. It may have been a little nosy, but one of the greatest qualities in human beings is curiosity. It's the landmark on which all great discoveries begin, and shouldn't be discouraged in any way. Also it's not as if everyone, including David, his family and his friends, will simply forget about his awe-inspiring past experiences and talents. Those are skills to continue to build on, never to be squandered or put to rest.
71578
2. It's Canadian. It's fun. And you guessed it, there's food and hockey involved. It's time for the family to gather 'round and take part in the traditional Saturday night Hockey Night in the _______ Residence! If you were wondering, everyone in my household absolutely loves the Leafs. They're "the passion that unites us all" for crying out loud! Pop, popcorn, beer, chips, plus anything else my children and wife's hearts desire will be there. We'll shake things up a little too now and then: invite a friend or a sports team, have the occasional cocktail party, play some board games. Anything that will get some flow through the house and draw everyone away from their iPod Everything's. I can't wait to start this exciting ritual!
173644
1. Yes, I do think so because if I were him, I wouldn't want people snooping around in my room. I also think that it would remind him that he would never get a trophy again.
2. I think that I would have a "no-electronic night" where you wouldn't use electronics except if you needed it for homework.
71103
Q#1- I think that she was invading Davids privacy in showing Sean the room only because she didn't know him very well, and he was a sort of new friend to David. That would be pretty frustrating coming home, walking into your room and seeing your mom and your friend going through your stuff.
Q#2- I think that it would be kind of cool to have a designated night, once a month to sit around and eat whatever you want for a couple hours. This could a have a budget like 5 dollars per kid and the money would go up for good behavior and down for bad behaviour.
1. No I don’t think that David’s mother should have showed Sean David’s trophies and awards. Those are David’s personal things and it’s his personal space. I’m sure that if I were David that I would be mad if I had people going through my things.
2. On Thursday I would pick as the special event that they would have to live that day like the Amish people did with no electricity. That way they would have to do all the normal activities differently (i.e. writing assignments by hand not on a computer).
71248
794632
1)I think what David’s mom did was wrong because if I was David I wouldn’t want my best friend or anyone looking at my personal stuff no matter what it was they have no right to be looking threw it with out my permeations.( Especially in David’s situation).
2) I think a special day to my family would be a Friday. It’s a religious day where we go to the mosque and pray and then we come back home, then we all go out for dinner. We go for some skateboarding at the park. We come back home, watch movies while eating pop corn and ice cream until 4:00 or 5:00 a.m.
70853
1.Yes because David's room is private, she should have asked him first or at least told him to show Sean if he liked.
2.I would probably let the kids make the parents breakfast, with a little bit of help. They can make what ever they want for us, and we have to eat it.
Post a Comment
<< Home