Sunday, April 09, 2006

Point Blank - Chunk Two

1. Imagine that you are Smithers, and have the task of designing a new useful device for Alex. Describe what your object will do or how it will be useful to him at Point Blank, and tell how you would hide it in an everyday object so it would escape detection.

2. We get a few hints in Chunk Two as to what might really be happening at Point Blank. Based on what you've read so far, what do you think is going on, and why do you think that?

BONUS Add any question related to the second Chunk of the novel, that you would like to ask the other group members...
OR
Respond to any questions that are posted.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

71972-If I were Smithers I think the invention I would give Alex would probably be a pair of shoes. But! Not just any shoes rocket shoes! with a built in walkie talkie, and the tongue of the shoe would be a mini computer! But it could only be used to do google searches and alert M16 about danger or very important things.I think they would blend in very well because well they're shoes!

April 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

103113
1:I would make a backpack that could turn into a jetpack or a fold-up snowboard with rockets. You could use the snowboard in a chase.

April 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

103113
2: I think that by how they looked at his strength and stamina, they might be making an army that kills their parents, who are the richest people or most powerful in the world.

April 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

72402
I would build Alex a pair of ski's but inclosed in his boots would be jet packs. this could help him because if there is an avalanche or e has to escape from point blanc he can do it in a hurry

April 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

72402
i think that point blanc is a set up to get rich people's son's tp come and they can find out more about the parents and eventually kill them. i.e te roscoe's and the ivanove's

April 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

72672
1.As a gadget I would conseal a air gun inside the end of and umbrella so if he was under attack he could just shoot someone
2.I think there after the money. so they kill the parent then the kid will inherit all the money and then they kidnap the kid and I think that is what they are trying to do.

April 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

106945

If I was Smithers I would invente a binder that was a camera in it's spin so when you have a class you can record what is going on or when teachers are having a important conversations you can leave your book in the classroom and over hear their conversations. All of the teachers will just think it is binder with work in it so it would not be hard to hide it.

April 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

106945

I think that Point Blank is a school that takes kids and reserches them and see why they are acking bad. Then they will make him take a posion and he will be a good kid. I think that they wont get to alex and he will take them under befor they do any thing more dangerious. I think this because he already got druged with his coke and went into a lab where they took pictures of him and did things that don't happen at a doctors office.

April 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

11508
1. If I were Smithers I would have probably giving Alex a pair of sun glasses. These sun glass could pick up everything from phone conversations to satilite tv. But no super spy sun glasses wouldn't be complete without a tiny video camera that show Mr. Blunt everything that's happening
2. I think There are brainwashing the kids and sending them back home to find out there parents secrets and then Mr. Grief finds ways to minipulate that and kill them.

April 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

69619

I would design shoe insoles that went you rip out a small piece of fabric it starts a silent count down when the count down ends the shoe insole will explode.The count down lasts for 7 seconds then explode and the piece of fabric is specially place on the botton of the insole so it well not fall off and explode inside the shoe as well it is indetectable.

April 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

69619
2.I think that point blanc is brainwashing the kids so the children find out every about there parents(like there work schedule and what they like or not like).So that Mr.Grief can hired someone to kill the parents.

April 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

106944
1)I a were Smithers my invention would be a a laser pointer pen that would burn through anything you pointed it at. To activate it you would have to write "laser" on a plain peice of paper.
2)I believe what's going on a Point Blanc is a Mind Control place were they find kids in M16 or other secret agencies, Brain-Wash them and after they are finished they will have no previous knowledge as to who they are or who they used to work for, they will only belive they work for Point Blanc.
**Bonus**
I wonder if Alex will be brain-washed...

April 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

71912
2)So far from what i've read it seems like there's definitely something weird going on at Point Blanc, how do they make all these problem children become little angels? It doesn't make ANY sense...I think that maybe they're brainwashing them, or making new versions of them with better manners etc. I think this because of when they took pictures of him why would they do that unless they wanted to duplicate them or something like that...we'll just have to see.

May 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home